Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Presidential Race According to Chris Cillizza

Chris Cillizza is a non-partisan political reporter who writes for The Washington Post. He maintains a political blog - called the The Fix - which provides excellent, non-partisan coverage of political issues. I mention this not because I like Cillizza, though I do, but because he posted an interesting article today on the presidential race. Basically, Cillizza said that as things currently stand, when it comes to non-swing states, President Obama is projected to win more than former Governor Mitt Romney, but that the outcome of the presidential election will likely be decided by a handful of swing states, including Colorado, Ohio, Florida, and North Carolina. In other words, the race is up in the air, and anything can happen in November.

I don't suppose that much of this is news. What impressed me was not that the race is still up in the air - that much should be obvious; it's only May - but that the outcome of the presidential race will likely turn on a few swing states. That probably shouldn't come as news either. After all, it seems that national elections often turn on swing states, at least in recent years. Still, it is interesting that the electoral system, together with the current distribution of solid and leaning states, already suggests, in May, that the outcome of the presidential race will likely depend on a handful of swing states.

Anyway, for those who are interested, here is the link to Cillizza's post. And here is some video from that post:

3 comments:

  1. Hi Leslie,

    Haven't seen much of you lately, hope you and Jill are well.

    I haven't been on much either, it's been a tough few months, and last week.... was really hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, I hope that things start getting better for you soon. I will pray for you.

      Delete
  2. Hey Les - would you e-mail me or call me as soon as possible? Jess
    stan.jess@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete